This year, I'm branching out a little and trying to become more involved with a different organization, the March of Dimes. I, like many of Americans, have been effected by the unfortunate death of a dear little one. The memory of losing my cousin Garrett at 5 months old will always be with me. I think about him often and wonder what I could be doing to save a mother the heartache that my aunt Alice and our family went through during that time.
I believe I've found my answer! The March of Dimes' March for Babies is just around the corner! I will be participating in the 10K walk on April 24, 2010 with my co-workers and their families. I'm SO excited! I've been touched by so many friends and friends of friends this year that have either lost a child or are battling to save their sweet child's life. That is why I'm involved. I'm walking for Daisy, Addison, Garrett, Karis and all the many babies in the world that are fighting to enjoy a wonderful life.
My goal is to raise $325.00. And I'm asking each of you for a small donation; $5, $10. I even have a handy little button on my blog for you to make your secure donations! :) Our monetary support allows the March of Dimes to consistently offer programs and research that help mothers have healthy, full-term pregnancies.
Your support means the world to me and to all those beautiful babies that will survive because of your kindness and generosity.
Thank you!
p.s. To find out more about the March of Dimes, please visit their website www.marchofdimes.com.

No comments:
Post a Comment