Thursday, June 20

sweet goodbyes

i have the best friends in the world. I'm sure many of you feel that way. but I really do. i love these two women like sisters. i even think of them as an extension of my family. these two ladies bring the best out of me. their examples help me be a better Amy (all around). i strive to be fiercely independent and confident like Stephanie and uniquely creative and optimistic (and sassy) like Janie. these are two of the most fantastic ladies I know. they share many of the qualities that I try desperately to cultivate and I thank them for being wonderful examples of those beautiful qualities. last July, my dear Stephanie got an awesome, heavenly inspired job in Utah, quickly packed her bags and headed west. I was so happy for her. A little sad for me but ecstatic for her. I knew only good things were to come! And they did. Stephanie found the love of her life, Mr. Mark Matthews, and 'tied the knot' with him this past June 1. I cannot express in words how happy I am for my beautiful friend and her beau. at the end of this month (just one short week away), my sweet Janie will be moving with her smooch to Texas, where an amazing job awaits them. I have always been so proud (and amazed) of Adam in his academic pursuits and Janie for supporting him through thick and mostly thin. :) They have a love and respect for one another for which all couples should strive. I know that this is going to be a wonderful adventure for them and I'm so excited for their sweet family. Texas will never be the same! but I have to say that my heart is breaking a little now that these two lovely women will no longer be a short drive away from me. Although I've been aware of that reality for almost a year (with Stephanie's move) somehow the finality of it didn't set in until this June. Life goes on and my heart is full for my dear friends' and the awesome, amazing changes that they are experiencing. Janie and Stephanie, I love you ladies more than I can express. Thanks for 8 wonderful years of friendship! I am looking forward to the next 8!

1 comment:

Janie said...

you made me cry! i love you to the moon. and i'll miss you like crazy. please please come visit!! and you know i'll be back, too. :))

xoxox
bff