Rhonda's days were over.
Of course the decision was a lot more difficult for Nathan than for me, since Rhonda is his first love. (No ,of course I don't harbor bad feelings toward the car and no, that didn't make my decision easier :)) It's hard parting with your first love, but in this case, it was necessary!! After months of searching, Nathan changing his mind, and the two of us not really wanting to spend the money necessary to purchase a new vehicle, we stumbled upon the perfect replacement. Behold Nathan's New Toyota Tacoma!! And a tribute to Rhonda for her years for dealing with Nathan and his driving.(The truck has yet to receive a name. I will keep you posted on any new developments.)
Sorry, it's a bad picture but you get the idea. (I'll post more pics later.) It's an extremely nice truck with low miles and an extended cab. Everything Nathan wanted. Every guy needs a truck, right? I think so!! I was thrilled to get such a great truck for my awesome husband!
So I mentioned that we were hesitant to purchase a vehicle because it's such an enormous cost. Well it just so happened that I also found the PERFECT dining room set the same weekend we bought the truck!! I thought Nathan was going to have a heart attack at the amount of money we were spending in one weekend. But it's all over and he now LOVES the new table and chairs!! They're adorable! I just LOVE them.
Here's my dining area before and after!!





6 comments:
Wow! Love both the new upgrades!
Wow...I didn't realize Nathan STILL drove Rhonda! Sounds like the trade in was much needed! I love Tacoma's!!! Great choice!
And I love your dining room table! We are in the market for that and a living room set!
You guys could have a great dinner party at that table now...now if only we didn't live on the other side of the U.S. I'd invite ourselves over for dinner! :) jk
Wow, is that the same Honda Nathan has had since his mission? That is cool that he finally got a truck! Love the square table, and yes any woman that reads twilight is sucked in! I don't like choice of either character..
It's the end of an era, for sure!! When the story of Rhonda is told...and it will be told...it will be one of expired plates, warm A/C that smells a little like urine, Tyson peeing in a bottle in the backseat while cruising through Tuscaloosa and dad driving himself an hour each way to a golf course, just to avoid riding in Rhonda...
Yup, it was a good ride...
I have many of memories in that car. Many miles driven from Idaho to Cali and to the ski resorts! She will be missed! Love the truck!
You've gotta update this thing more often, girl! Once a month isn't cutting it for me ;)
Post a Comment