Tuesday, August 23

time flies when you're having fun

I'm sure all of three of you (that still look at my blog) are wondering what's going on in the Marsh Household these days. Well, to be quite honest...it's BUSY!!

Nathan and I have successfully survived seven months of parenthood and Lyda has survived seven months of our parenting skills. (which I think is the greater feat!)

Here's a quick recap of her first six months:

1st month

2nd month

3rd month

4th month

5th month

6th month

As you can see, she has LOTS of facial expressions. :) She's a very sweet and easy going baby. At the moment, Lyda is crawling and pulling up on everything. And she's so proud of herself when she does. Tonight, we experienced our first case of separation anxiety. It was so sweet and so sad, all at the same time. I love when she reaches for me. :)
She's also beginning to make sounds like Ma Ma Ma and Da Da Da. However, she only says "Ma Ma Ma" when she crys and "Da Da Da" when she's happy. Go figure, right. :) Although she's crawling, I don't feel like she's into everything. She'll still sit quietly and play on a blanket with her toys for a while.
Her other favorite things these days, besides her ability to pull up, are Maggie and Molly. She LOVES them. Maggie doesn't really want anything to do with her since Lyda can't throw the ball for her. But Molly is a pretty good sport and will let Lyda pull on her and touch her paws and tail for a few minutes. We have fabulous pictures of Lyda playing with Molly. I'll post those next!

The first time Lyda laughed for Nathan and me she was laughing at Maggie. She thinks Maggie is hilarious. They are going to be best friends when Lyda learns to throw a ball!

More to come. I promise not to recap the next 6 months in one post. :)


2 comments:

Dana said...

The first time Hadley laughed, it was at Quigley. She definitely has a special love for him :)

Amy Marsh said...

That's so sweet! I think it's the same for Lyda and Maggie. :)