So my husband, the Wonderful Nathan Marsh, is cultivating a new talent......or has it just been hibernating some 30 years?......When we first started dating Nathan told me that he could NOT cook. He didn't explain that he had just never tried!! As luck would have it, he took a recipe for Pork Tenderloin one afternoon and ACED it!!! It was the best pork I'd ever had! The sad part is that he didn't begin cultivating that awesome, amazing, delicious talent until this year....really this summer! And to think I was encouraging him to get a summer job!
Below is the first of many blackberry (and blueberry) pies that my talented husband made, from scratch nonetheless. Not only is he a pie maker extraordinaire, he is also very good at meatloaf, buttermilk chicken, lemon roasted potatoes, pork tenderloin, etc. The list just keeps going on and on!

(Mouth watering......I know!!)
Thank goodness for a husband that can cook!!!
8 comments:
WOAH those look amazingly yummy! I hate to say my husband cooks better than me...but I must say I enjoy it!
Mmm! I'm ready for another chance to eat one of Nathan's yummy pies!
Hey, you don't know me, but I found your blog through...well, lets just say it, blog stalking! :) haha...jumping around from blog to blog. I think I may have known your husband, but I'm not sure. I don't know how many Nathan Marsh's there are from Georgia...but if this is the one that went to Ricks College and is good friends with the Black family from Galt, CA, then I think I have the right one.
Anyway, I love to make new blog connections and see old friends and how they are doing...if in fact this is a blog of an old friend. If not...disregard this message I guess. haha...
Anyway, I'm denoting you are the one in the picture with your dog Molly. (she's so cute by the way) You look adorable...I'm so glad Nate found an awesome wife! Congratulations to you both!
Keep in touch if you'd like... http://marcandstacyrogers.blogspot.com .
I think I may go make a pie now. That was very appetizing. Way to go Nate. My husband cooks as well...isn't it a fabulous thing?
Take care,
Stacy (Petersen) Rogers
Yea, Amy, I'm excited that we "blog-met"! You seem like an adorable girl (I love that you wrote "ya'll"...true southern belle! And like I said I'm so happy for you guys! How long have you been married? I totally get the whole "husband not blogging" thing. Sometimes my friends husbands get on and write a post to their wives or something, and I'm like, "Why don't you do that for me?" He's like..."I don't blog." It sounds like we have lots in common with our husbands. I totally get the whole coaching thing. This is the first year of our marriage he has not coached...well, I should say, is not planning on coaching, but its not football season yet. Who knows, when he smells that fall air and the leaves start to fall, he might start itching for it. It sounds like Nathan golfs too. Now too bad we all live so dang far away! I have to admit, I've never been East. I know, I'm completely deprived. One day though...we've been talking about Disney World. But maybe one day we will come to Georgia. I love peaches! :) (Sorry for the cliche...it's about all I know about Georgia, but I really DO love peaches...haha). I extend the same offer to you to come stay...now that the Blacks moved to Idaho, if you guys are ever wanting to come to California, we have more than enough room! :)
Seriously, your husband was like my big brother my first semester of college. He showed me the ropes of how to get around campus, and then when I slipped on black ice and broke my dang ankle on said campus...he gave me a blessing since I was a little 18 year old freakin' out in the middle of freezing idaho, on crutches. Good guy you found. I'm sure that you are equally as wonderful. Tell Nathan hi anyway...i know if he were a blogger he'd say hi. It's hard to cross over to the dark side and become a blogger!! :)
I'm glad that I came across your guys' blog! And I hope to keep in touch. Talk to you soon,
Stacy
typo...when I said I've never been East...that was a typo. Of COURSE I have been east...who hasn't. What I meant to say is I've never been EAST of Utah. Still pretty bad though! :)
I cannot believe my eyes.
Our dear Nathan is all grown up and can make PIES no less.
Excuse me, I'm a little teary just thinking about it.
We're so proud! Do hug him for us!
Amy and Nathan. Is it really you guys? I miss you! We just jumped on the blogging band wagon. www.thosetolberts.wordpress.com
It sucks right now because i don't know what I'm doing but hopefully it will get better with time :)
What the heck Marsh! All those years of being your roomate and you were holding out on me!
Post a Comment