
Hideous, right? RIGHT!!!! I hate that it's black against that stark white molding. And since I refuse to paint the molding, I figure I'll fix the fireplace. I need some ideas though. My first thought was to have it faux painted...not bad, but how do I want to faux paint it? I need suggestions. You can see my walls, my furniture (which is almost completely changed now except for the goldish couches), and the molding. The only thing you can't see are the white curtains behind me.
Here are a few thoughts. Please let me know what you think will look best or if you have different ideas.
Option 1:

(probably won't go with green but some color?)
Option 2:

Rustic Stone?
Option 3:

(Hard to see, yes. But they've painted the area a lighter marblely color.)
or Option 4:

Paint it white. (there's already a texture, kind of like marble, so....)
I just think this is really cute!

PLEASE HELP!!!
5 comments:
Well, I kind of like the black and white contrast. The only difference I see between your fireplace and the last picture is that your fireplace has shiny paint. What if you just paint it with a flatter paint?
I second Steph. I like the black with the white. I think making it more matte would be a great way to change it!
I would install mosaic tile over the black.
thanks everyone! I'm considering the options and will post what I decide. :)
I actually really love the Option 1 with the colored tiles. I can't wait to see what you decide :o)
Post a Comment