Tuesday, August 19

the Townhouse vs. theTownhome

Buying a house is an amazing experience. You find this adorable little place for you and your "almost" husband to begin your amazing lives together and you can't want to sign the next 30 years of paychecks over to your mortgage company...... :).....RIGHT?
Well, not exactly.......I thought when I signed those papers that I would move in and, Ta DA!! It's a Home!....I found out that's NOT the case. Can you believe it takes years!!!
On July 24, 2006, (you guessed it) I moved into a townHOUSE not a townHOME. However, 2 years, several cans of paint, comfy couches, curtains, accessories, and lOtS of money later, I have my townHOME! I still have a few projects that I'd like to complete,....it runs in the (Fields/Ban) family!! :)
I'm so happy with our home! It's on its way to absolutely perfect. Take a look!

oUr HuMbLe TownHOME (unit 13)!!!

the Living Room


the Kitchen / Dining Room


I even have a garden!!
(Thanks Laurie, Janie, Stephanie!...and of course my sweet husband Nathan.)


4 comments:

Marc and Stacy said...

You have adorable taste. I love it!

Dana said...

Amy, wow! It looks great! Your family room looked so different last time I saw it. :) Good work!

Dave and Courtney said...

I love it Amy! Your house is so cute! I love the way you decorated, if I ever find the time to decorate, I imagine my home decor to look similar to yours. Great job!

Josh, Karyn, Kael, Jett, Jake, and Jaxyn said...

Nice, love the decorations. I know you did it and not Nathan because I didn't see any Bruce Springsteen posters.