Friday, October 10

the Mountains or the Beach...

Nathan and I had the opportunity to go on a mini vacation this past weekend. It was fabulous and much needed. My company has 7 rental houses in WaterColor, Florida, which I'm managing with my new title. The development is fabulous!! I fell in love with it the first time I vacationed there.

This is part of the town center.

This is the fountain in the town center. It's it gorgeous?
The houses are designed after early Southern Florida architecture. This is Nathan's favorite house. Unfortunately not one of my company's.

I love going down there. It's also next to Seaside, where The Truman Show was filmed. There's the beach, great food, and peace and quite. Of course, since I was down there on business, I had a few meetings but who can complain when you go from the beach to a meeting and then back to the beach? No complaints here!!


We also went to Cashiers, North Carolina with my company at the beginning of September. We usually take a company trip down to WaterColor each year but fortunately the houses were all booked! So we went to the mountains instead. It's gorgeous up there!! Completely different beauty.

Isn't that fabulous? Orkin & Associates has 370 acres up there with breathtaking waterfalls. We also have a residential development called Peregrine near Cashiers. There's 28 lots up there but not one house yet. Hopefully, one of the owners will build soon. Just look a the view.

We hiked the 370 acres while we were there and saw gorgeous scenery. Nathan, Josh (my co-worker) and I wanted to be a little adventurous so while the rest of the group hung out a the bottom of the falls, we went exploring. We found this phenomenal waterfall/pond. And I found an angry bee. Oh well. what'd you do?

Isn't it breathtaking? We hit the jack pot!!


These are my co-workers. The guy on my left is my boss and the CEO of Orkin & Associates, Adam Orkin. On my right is Josh Studrawa, Account and IT guru. On Adam's left is Marc Glickman, our Director of Finance & Accounting. On the bottom row (left to right) is Josh Barnes, Operations Coordinator and UGA grad., Bryan Jones, Accountant and UGA grad. and Doug Hand, Director of Business Development. We're missing Heather Walker, Executive Administrative Assistant and Renee Lipham, the office mom and Mr. Orkin's (Adam's dad) assistant. That's my company!!

We had a great time with everyone. All the spouses came as well but for some reason we didn't take a group shot?.... I think they did all that while we were exploring. Oh well.

So that's what I've been up to. Work and company trips!

2 comments:

Jared and Katy said...

That sounds like such a good idea. I knew of a family that every night before they said family prayer everyone had to say something they were greatful for that happened during that day. Anyways it was fun to see you again this weekend!

Marc and Stacy said...

What a beautiful place! Looks like my kind of vacation. Glad you guys had fun! When are you coming to Cali?? :)