With my promotion comes opportunities to attend educational seminars and conferences. So, Monday I went to the International Council of Shopping Centers Conference in Downtown ATL at the World Congress Center. Sounds boring, but it was very fascinating. I thoroughly enjoyed my learning experience. The keynote speaker for the conference was Deborah Norville, the host of Inside Edition. She's actually from Dalton, Georgia and a Georgia grad., who knew? She talked about her life and how her experiences have brought her to writing her latest book, "Thank You Power". It's quite amazing what optimism can do for your health. I haven't read the book yet but when I get finished with my current read, I'm all over it. But in her book she suggests keeping a "gratitude journal". The positive effects of her own experience of maintaining this habitat were remarkable. She says that she once suffered from migraines but hasn't had one in SIX months!! That's amazing. Medicine can't do that. She also said that positive thinking makes you happier and happier people are more successful at learning new things, thinking critcally, and work out more. KEY WORDS: WORK OUT MORE!! Once she said that I was hooked. I've gained a whopping 10 lbs. since I started working/got married and I'm desperate for motivation to go to the gym. So I'm starting a gratitude journal. You're supposed to list what you're grateful for that day, no matter how trivial, and then explain why. It can be really short. I think it's a great idea. I'll keep you posted as to how my gratitude journal is working out and how the book!! But even without reading it, I definitely recommend it!! How can you go wrong with being grateful? :)


No comments:
Post a Comment