Monday, April 13

Keeping it in the Family

Last weekend was full of family fun and surprises. My Aunt Sabrina finished her new shop, Vanity Hair Studio, it's truly adorable! (forgot to take pics, stay tuned) And Keely competed in the 2009 Miss Trojanette Pageant. I was thrilled to be able to be there for it!! I LOVE seeing my cousins and/or brothers do anything when I go home. It's such a joy to be a part of their lives. I'm super proud of them all!!
Here's Contestant #2, Keely Ban

Isn't she gorgeous!! Love that dress!


Scott and I are camera hogs! We couldn't resist!

Patiently waiting for the festivities to begin!

Uncle Mitch & Uncle Mike And the Rest of us!

It's a little known fact that I was also in pageants in High School. Yes, I know I shouldn't admit such things but they are so much fun!! I just adore getting all dressed up! :) Lydia (Keely's sister) and I were both Miss Holiday Telfair! So you can imagine how excited we were to see Keely "compete" in the Miss Trojanette. (Telfair County High's mascot is the Trojans)

My Grandmother, Nana, was extremely nervous throughout the entire pageant. Fortunately, this is the last granddaughter old enough for these events for a while!! All that worrying paid off though. As we watched the pageant I knew that Keely was in the running for the title. But there was also another girl that could have taken it so I was a little worried. But once they called the first runner-up, I KNEW my little Keely had it in the bag!!!!!

Please meet Telfair County's 2009 Miss Trojanette



& the 1st & 2nd Runners-Up, Miss Congeniality, & Miss Photogenic
They're all gorgeous girls!

The Proud Family
Austin, Keely, Aunt Sabrina, Uncle Mike & Dalton - Scott & Keely


Nana & Keely

We were so excited about the outcome of the pageant that we went to the local pizza place, Village Pizza, and celebrated!

Hunter & Emma - Aunt Sabrina, Dalton & Austin

Mitchell, Aunt Natalie, Uncle Mitch, Nana, & Mama
All in all, a great night for the Bans, Fields/Marshes, and Colvins. We're so proud of you, Keely!!! You're an amazing girl!

No comments: