Friday, January 30

Random

I've been tagged. (Technically on facebook but I decided to put it on my blog instead)

Rules: Once you've been tagged, you are supposed to write a note with 25 random things, facts, habits, or goals about you. At the end, choose 25 people to be tagged. You have to tag the person who tagged you. If I tagged you, it's because I want to know more about you.


Here goes:

1. I'm adopted! My dad adopted me when I was one. He married my mom in March of 1984 (three months before I turned 1). He's the Greatest Daddy ever and I'm so glad to have him in my life!!

2. I'm a closet Facebooker. I refused to join for years and was actually proud to be a 'non-facebooker'. But alas, I, like the rest of the US, have succumb to Facebook.com.....although I still have problems admitting it.

3. My goal in life as a fifth grader was to become one of New York City's finest, a Rockette. Unfortunately/Fortunately, God had other plans. I lack about 6 inches to qualify.

4. I HATE to throw-up. It maybe my worst fear.

5. I adore old movies. If it's in Black and White, chances are that I'm going to love it. And if there's music and dancing (which 9 times of out 10 there), I will most definitely love it. Most of my favorite actors are from old movies. Esther Williams, Cary Grant, Audrey Hepburn, Fred Astaire, Gene Kelley, etc.

6. I designed my Homecoming dress after Audrey Hepburn's character Eliza Doolittle in My Fair Lady.

7. I'm obsessed with reading biographies/novels about queens. English queens, Scottish queens, Egyptian queens, I love them all.

8. I LOVE Pushing Daisies. Unfortunately, the rest of America did not enjoy the series and they (ABC) have taken it off the air without ending the story. :(

9. I can't buy colored towels. I only buy white ones. I must CLOROX them!!

10. My favorite feature of myself is my hair. I love the color of it.

11. I get extremely giddy when something needs reorganizing. Can you get high from organizing your closets? I say YES!!

12. I'm in love with fishnet stockings and Mary Kay Mineral Foundation!

13. My mother-in-law and I have a fantastic relationship. Nathan even thinks we're the same person sometimes. Our favorite movie is Sleeping Beauty, we like all the same decorating ideas, and both love Ann Taylor Loft. Next to my mom, she's the greatest lady ever!!

14. Growing up, my mom, my grandmother and I would always go shopping together. Since we lived in a small town, we had to travel about an hour and a half to go to a decent mall. Those are some of my most treasured memories! To the Three Shopping Stoogies!!!

15. I have a tendency to want to match my shoes to my purse and to always have matching jewelry sets. I can thank Mama Dot for that. If her outfit wasn't monochromatic, her shoes definitely matched her purse.

16. For Easter every year, my Dad takes me shopping for an Easter dress. It's always been our little tradition. Great memories!

17. I learned how to drive when I was 8 years old. I learned to drive a straight-shift when I was 12 years old. (Advantages of your grandpa having a farm.)

18. My brother Ron and I used to love eating Pillsberry cookie dough. We would sneak it out of the fridge and hide in the brushes on the side of our house so Mama wouldn't catch us. :)

19. I began taking dance lessons when I was three years old and finished when I graduated high school (18 years old). I took tap, jazz, ballet (only for a couple of year), and clogging. Tap and Clogging were my favorite! My teacher was Ms. Janice Towns. We were known as the Townsteppers.

20. I LOVE horses. My grandpa had one when I was little and I loved to ride. I can't stand watching a horse die on TV/movies. I ALWAYS look away and cover my ears. The original Flicka brings me to tears every time I watch it.

21. In middle school, my friends and I would sneak out of my house and sleep on our dock. We would also sneak out of my friends' house (in town) and rollerblade around midnight or later. Years later I told my mom and she almost freaked! Maybe it wasn't the safest thing to do. Oops!

22. Living in a small town has its advantages. I was pulled over by a local cop for speeding not long after I turned 16. He just laughed at me and told me to slow down and promised that he wouldn't tell my dad. Two years later, he told my dad. I still got in trouble!

23. I'm all about being natural. I don't like to wear make-up (although I feel obligated to now that I have a grown-up job), I don't like to die my hair (It kind of scares me), I don't like fake nails (getting a manicure is SO much better), and I TRY not to lay out in the sun as much,...cancer and all.

24. I've learned to knit and I actually like it! Who knew?!! My first project has been Christmas Stockings for my family. We lost our old ones when my parents house caught on fire in Aug. 2007.

25. My goal in life is to become more like my great-grandmother (Granny), my grandmothers (Nana and Mama Dot), and my mother. They're great examples of kindness, endurance, strength, compassion, and optimism. I love them dearly!!

If you're reading this, you've been tagged!! Have fun!

1 comment:

Tori said...

OMG, that is so scary about your parents' house catching on fire, but awesome that you are knitting new stockings! I just taught myself how to knit in November, and all I've managed is about 80% of a scarf. I'm jealous of your stocking-knitting abilities! I want to knit Corbin a stocking! She didn't have one this Christmas because I couldn't find any I liked!